Friday, January 09, 2009

 
Today was somewhat productive but most importantly I was able to face what's holding me back from being very productive and that is just that I am in and around the house all the time. I've faced it but I haven't fixed it. This blog is to help me over this hump as well as to organize my thoughts to help me along. Plus it doesn't hurt to have some support.

LTC - got to p210. I'll write some stuff about the book and GGM tomorrow.

DQ - it's 10pm (on a Friday) and I'm about to go read the next chapter.

Greek Mythology - didn't read any.

Yoga - read a few pages. I'm going to write down some poses for when I'm in the US. I have trouble remembering which ones I should do.

Running - Ran 6.5kms today. I have a 10k race on Sunday. I also had a good stretch but one thing that I really need to incorporate into my daily routine is my ankle strength exercises. I've always had bad ankles from soccer injuries and they've been bothering after long trail runs. Now my coach (yes, I have a running coach) is telling me that I can't run on trails until my ankles are stronger so I need to do the exercises.

I booked my flights within the US today. I arrive in Detroit on the 19th of Jan, fly to Boston on the 24th of Jan, Colorado on the 10th of Feb, and back to Boston on the 15th of Feb. I'm not sure when I'm heading back to Melbourne just yet.

Last night I bought tickets to the cricket Twenty20 match - Australia vs South Africa. I'll get some pics for the blog.

I had lunch with Ula and a friend of hers from work - they're both working this week. We were going to go to a Vietnamese place but it was closed so we went to a cafe instead. Generally the cafes in Melbourne all have the same boring veggie focaccia sandwich but this place had a couple of different ones and I got a Mediterranian wrap that was pretty good.

After lunch I went to the Wilson Botanic Garden in Berwick, which is nice; they have a lot of older trees and it's well laid out.

Tomorrow:
Tomorrow I will be riding my bike. Probably my road bike. Why is this a big goal? Because I haven't ridden either of my bikes in months and they're both sitting in pieces in the garage. I don't even have all of the necessary tools to fix them - most of my tools are still in the States. This is a better goal than saying that I will work on my bike tomorrow. No, I will ride my bike tomorrow; if only for 5 minutes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?