Tuesday, January 08, 2008

 

New Zealand

My most recent traveling adventure was a little 2-week holiday to New Zealand's South Island over the December break. I was looking for some hiking mostly and then just wanted to see what I could discover from there. I didn't have a very well laid out plan; I knew that I wanted to hike, and because it's me, I was looking to do some tough ones. The logistics of the trip were what was going to be an issue - I was traveling by bus and so needed to follow where they went. I had an itinerary when I left Melbourne but that was quickly thrown out the window and just a sketch of what I had remained and that's all that I needed. The trip was better than I could have been expected even though I didn't do all of the difficult hikes that I thought I would like to do.


New Zealand's two main islands

If I went back to New Zealand (which I fully intend to do) would I change my approach to the planning? Yes I would; I would pick an area, have a general idea what's there, and then explore depending on how I felt that day - I wouldn't force anything and I would have any requirements.

Since it was a two week trip I'm going to split the stories up into 6 sections relating to the area that I was in at the time. There are also around 300 pictures that will go with each section.
The first section to show up soon will be Christchurch, the largest city on the South Island and where I can get a direct flight from Melbourne. Hopefully I'll have everything done in a week and I'm aiming to have Christchurch done in the next couple of days.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?