Sunday, September 02, 2007

 

Oh, Baby!!!

Man, am I glad I watched this game.




The big no-hitter right when the Sox needed a turn around going into September. Buchholz's stuff was nasty and the bats were working for Boston. After the game I think I watched Pedroia's diving grab in the 7th 10 times. That dude is awesome. But nothing was better than Clay's pitching.

I missed D-Lowe's no-hitter in 2002, I remember checking the score before heading over to Brookline to play some whiffleball and breaking the news to everyone there that we had missed a great game. But I saw this one from beginning to end. I was jumping up and down in my apartment while watching the game on the greatest invention ever - mlb.tv, which lets me live way the hell over here and not miss a game.

Awesome game, Clay! Go Sox!!


Comments:
I remember the DLowe/whiffleball day well, in that I can still see the people driving down Comm Ave honking horns and hanging Lowe's jersey (or, more likely for the poor folks in Allston, t-shirt) from their open windows. I also remember Ryan fleeing home post-game to go to bed because whiffleball was the most physical activity he had had in years, but that is neither here nor there.
 
Clay's no-hitter...awesome. The team definitely needed the lift, after the NY debacle.

Now comes the biggest question about Sox pitching...how's the rotation gonna set up? We're now officially into Sept, the teams got 3 more days off, two 16 game winners and a 14 game winner all not named Curt, and two young aces. Someone's gotta go into the pen. And chances are, two will if we get to October.

"neither here nor there", how ironic is that statement coming from a girl in Hawaii, said to a guy in Australia, reliving a moment when they were in Boston.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?