Friday, July 20, 2007

 

I'm never going to sleep again...

I might have mentioned before that I was hoping that this weekend was going to be a nice quiet weekend that I could sit around, read a bit, and just get some rest. And then I was invited to the footy for Saturday night - St Kilda vs Hawthorn. One game.. that's alright, I can handle that. Then the next day I get a, "How do you feel about doing some snowboarding this weekend?" "Umm, I'd love to but I have the footy on Saturday.." "That's alright we're going on Sunday." "I'm in." Ok, now we're getting a little tight but that's ok, I still have Saturday during the day and I can take it easy on Friday... Today (Friday) I got a text message "want to go to the footy tonight? I have free tickets." "Hell yeah."

Let's recap: Friday - footy (Bulldogs vs Geelong, should be a great game), probably going out after that; Saturday - maybe actually getting some rest, maybe doing some laundry, footy; Sunday - waking up at 4:30 to hit the slopes at Mt Buller; Monday - start it all over again. It's a good thing that I'm uhh, injured and can't run this weekend. We'll start that back up on Monday as well.

Sox
Alright, the Sox blow. What the hell is going on? I've seen a few 9th innings on Gamecast and I think they've all been 1-2-3's. Does JD Drew do anything? At least Lugo's hitting again. What's he on? A 8 or 9 game hitting streak. I certainly have not become a Lugo fan but this is impressive - he's hitting an absolutely horrid .218 (but like .350 in July) but he has 43 RBIs; how does he do that? He only has 72 hits for the year. One stat that I like to see is Wily Mo - 127 ABs and 26 hits (.205), let's trade that dude. We've got to pick it up here, July was supposed to be our easy month. What happened?

Hey - everyone have a good weekend.

Comments:
I'm not ready to give up on Wily Mo just yet. But I think that Hinske's doing more to solidify his role as first off the bench. Especially if JD Blew doesn't get his groove back.

Bigger question, how will Lester do tonight? Tavarez in the pen, pushes Piniero out. OK. But now Gabbard's been throwing quality starts. Is he still going back down when Schill's ready? Or are they gonna try Lester for a couple starts, and then see who's the better #5 Jon or Kason.

One things for sure, this 4 game stand in Cleveland's gonna show alot with Lester & Gabbard going up against guys with 6.00 ERA's, and bookending Dice vs CC & Beckett vs Carmona (thats 4 pitchers totalling up to 49 wins and it's only July). Can anyone say litmus test? I just hope it's better than that sweep at the hands of another AL Central team.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?