Monday, June 18, 2007

 

Whoops..

Before I finish off my Tassie trip, which won't take too much longer - I promise, I wanted throw in a quick race report.. Yesterday I did the Run to the G Half Marathon as part of my marathon training. The start time was 7:15am in Fed Sq but there aren't any trams or buses that get there from here that early in the morning so I had to drive up to the city. Then it was really cold and I just didn't want to be there - leading me to declare "This is f-ing stupid". But as I started to wake up I felt a little better about the race.

Then the gun went off.. the course was crap and other runners didn't corral themselves properly but I had a good run. Again, I was using this race as a practice for pacing and I was looking for a pace of 7:45min/mile. I had my splits written on my bib, my watch on my wrist and I was going to do it. Well, it didn't happen that way.

I started out fast and knew that I could keep it up for the entire race.

I finished at 1:33:18 official (1:33:17 watch), which is 7:07min/mile pace.. I'll take that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?