Monday, June 04, 2007

 

Help with my new board

As stated in my last post, I have been looking to get a surfboard and demoed one yesterday known as a stubby and I've decided that I'm going to get one of those. So, I need your help, I'm getting a 7' 6" stubby from the surfshop down the street from me and you can help me pick the color - they'll paint it for me.

No graphics, just one color with different color stripes. Stick to easy colors because they have to mix them themselves. Plain white is cheaper and is probably the most popular, I can add lines to that, and it can be glossy or not.

One thing to think about: I'm what they call in surfing lingo as, um, "not good" and one thing I don't really want to do is look like a poseur by buying a fancy board and not knowing what to do with it. See where I'm going with that?

Comments:
Go basic, and cost-conscious. White with maybe a nice color for the stripes. Especially for the "not good" reason. If you show up not so flashy, then case it like a pro, you'll get more props.

It's like walking into a pool hall with a black carbon fiber stick (or whatever your's was made of), once people see you with it, you better have your A-game.
 
Hey isn't this what we have been talking about for ages? I mean if you sub the "snow"board for the "surf"board of course. :)

Actually, any chance they design snowboards as well? I still haven't found anyone here in the states that does personal designs yet and I would love to take one of my brother's designs and have it on my board.

As for your board, I say take your favorite colors and have fun.
 
They do sell snowboards but they're off the shelf - they work with the surfboard shapers so they can get the color they want.

And I should have mentioned, no graphics and just one color - oh wait, I already said that in the post.
 
Go with white and dark blue or light green and blue with the blue on the back airbrush blended into what ever colour you go with at the half way point.
Doogie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?