Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

The Outlook

Yeeaahhh.. All day I felt like I needed to get out for a run. You know that feeling when you start to get addicted? That's what I had today. Got out there and ran a strong, fast 3. Not much but I'm keeping the miles way way down. I can't afford an injury or burn out at this point and while I was out there I thought up my strategy for the next couple of months. Conservative I know but I'm not that young anymore - don't worry after a few months of warm up I fully intend on ripping it up; it's just that the ramp up needs to be a little longer these days. Here we go:

3-4 weeks of what I'm doing - 3/3.75/0, no hills, no sprints (even though I realize that those are the fastest ways to get yourself in shape)
2 weeks of 20, sprints extra twice a week, 1 day of hills
2 weeks of 25, sprints extra twice a week, 1 day of hills
4 weeks of 30, sprints extra twice a week, at least 1 day of hills
Nothing over 10 until the 4 weeks of 30 are over
From there it's peak to select races and keep the 30 as a base. Hit the trails and try not to run into a tree while running along the beach ;-)

I'm almost going to miss my little pot belly that I've been playing with the last few months. I know I don't have too many readers but anyone want in on this? Bon? I know it's winter but you've got to get back in the game.

Comments:
Wait, with a title like that I am going to need to revert to my 'Magic 8 Ball'. Indeed it says the 'outlook is good'!

Haha ... seriously though, my lazy @ss is ready to get in gear and has sat on the bench long enough. Soccer one night a week just ain't cuttin' it, but I have started to do some laps in the pool though. However, in the end, running is the best medicine for making this body feel good and healthy. It's a great stress releaser too ;) So Lano ... set the plan and let's get to it. I am thinking by signing up for what you have to offer may just keep me honest :)

Maybe we can even meet up to run a race somewhere around the world!
 
Pot Belly? Is that what you were hiding under those sweatshirts? I doubt it. Well, the Turkey Trot has my name on it.. 10k of running in downtown Detroit. The weather is supposed to be decent. I am hoping to get it done under an hour, so we shall see how i do.. I don't know if I can do your running schedule.. I HATE running on the tread mill and it'd getting to be quite cold in Michigan!

I'll let you know how I do on Thanksgiving. I will definately earn my pumpkin pie that day. Indoor soccer is going well, even if I do have to play goalie for 10 mintes a week!
 
If "anonymous" doesn't sign their post, chances of meeting up for a race are, let me check MY magic 8 ball, "not f#cking likely".

(Unless, of course, Lano can tell who it is through context clues, but the rest of us are not that smart...ok, maybe just me.)
 
To answer the Hobester: The anonymous is Bonnie.

I'm wicked smaht.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?