Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Let the decompression begin

I've always been a laid back kind of guy, absorbing problems thrown at me or rolling with them. But I'm also one that believes that a day can not be wasted and because of this I have turned myself into someone that does not rest, that does not relax, that believes that if I am not out of the house by 10am then I have wasted the day. In the US, especially on the East Coast, life moves very fast - we're in a rush to get wherever it is we're going, we speed to the next red light, cut someone off just to be one car closer, push people out of the way if they're walking too slowly. Have you ever stood on the left side of an escalator in Boston? I wouldn't recommend it.

Now Australians are a lot more laid back then we are in the States, yeah, I'm in the city, which is a little more fast-paced but, believe me, it's nothing like home. And it's a welcome change for me and something that I've needed for a while. I still plan on accomplishing quite a bit while I'm here but with a more relaxed way of it. It is a difficult transition; I have been trying to go about everyday tasks in a more easy-going manner but it'll take some practice.

Starting off when the light turns green I slowly make my way through the intersection but 100m from the light, I look in my rearview mirror and I am well ahead of everyone else. Walking down the street with someone slower in front of me. For a few minutes I can let it go but then I find myself saying, "Ok, now let's go." I'll get there and I think be happier for it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?