Thursday, November 23, 2006

 

The Great Ocean Road

Sunday - 19 November 2006

A long drive along the Great Ocean Road

I'm trying to take as many trips as possible and a big touristy thing to do in Victoria is drive along the Great Ocean Road along the southern coast of Victoria, west of the city. I wasn't in a big hurry, so I didn't get out on the road until 9am and rolled back in around 6:30pm.

Stops included Sheoak Falls for some hiking, a cold weather rain forest for a quick walk, a tree top walk that cost $19.50 so I didn't go in (not that I'm cheap; it just would have been more fun if I were with somebody else), the 12 Apostles, and Port Campbell to buy some much needed gas (I can't believe I made it).

There's really not too much to tell about this trip - the pictures are all I need so let's just jump to that.

My driving route for the day. 9 1/2 hours and 560km

If you made it to this sign without realizing which side to drive on then you've been enjoying the scenery a bit too much

A beach in Lorne for up above

How about this for a running club?

In the rainforest - this tree was huge, I could have crawled through the opening to the other side

Some of the 12 Apostles

Cliff by the 12 Apostles

Also near the 12 Apostles


The dude that worked there said that these weren't part of the 12 Apostles. But they're right next to them and are the same thing, what's the deal? Do we just want to keep them at 12? I don't get it.


If anyone else is looking through travel stuff and have an idea for one of my trips, let me know and I'll be glad to try it out.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?