Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Angels and Demons

Just finished Angels and Demons by Dan Brown yesterday. I read the book because I read The Da Vinci Code, which was ok, but people kept telling me that Angels and Demons was better so I decided to give it a try. Frustrated with the praise that The Da Vinci Code was getting, I know I went into this with a bad attitude but my mood only soured as the book went on. Sure it kept me entertained like bad television but this thing was poorly written, had no character development or understanding, and the back stories just were not there. I'm sure the person that adapts this to film will have no trouble doing so because this thing was written like a movie with bad cliffhangers and bad suspense. What I found irritating was the suspense that the author tried to generate on obvious situations and numerous times I found myself saying, "Just Goddamn do it, I figured that out 10 pages ago." Other times I would close the book, look up, let out a sigh, and say, "This book is so stupid." So read it if you're bored for a couple of days but there are a lot of better books that deserve your attention.

Comments:
Read "The Great War for Civilization". Awesome book
 
Maybe you should try some Harry Potter books.
 
Keith, I have a organizational economics, financial derivatives and global strategic management texts that aren't being used.....any takers????? Willing to trade for free place to crash - or beer.
 
I felt the same way about this book. Fluff you will forget about.
 
I liked this book, but I'm a pretty simple person when it comes to books. "See Spot Run" works for me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?