Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

Could this be?!? I think it is! Yes.. yes it is! A new post!!

Alright, I'm telling you - I'm going to keep this up. I will. Starting now. Life is starting to calm down a bit (for now) so this'll happen. Plus, I kind of have to so that everyone knows what's going on - of course, I'm not sure how exciting 'I went to work, then went home, then worked from home' will be even if I am on the other side of the world but I can try.

Running
Quick summary of my 2006 running season - big aspirations in January (of course), even ran a 20 miler, went strong for a bit, then a vacation - ran some short races - then work travel - ran a marathon, bad ankle injuries - then more work travel, then weddings, then more work travel - ok, ok, I've got a marathon and an ultra coming up, let's get down to business, doing well - OH SH@#$!! Broke my foot. Out for 6 weeks, then recovery, then training - marathon dropped out, ultra dropped out. Then new job - more work travel, wedding, more work travel...

Current status - with all of the traveling, lack of excercising, eating horribly, maybe a drink or two here and there; I'm sitting at 10lbs overweight and 15lbs over race weight, I run like a fish out of water, I'm weak, and I get winded from walking to get coffee in the morning.

What I'm doing about it - fighting back. No schedules right now - 2 days on, 2 days off; 3-6 miles at a time. We'll do that until I move to Australia, I just have to keep on trucking through work travel and a trip to Boston. Throw in there some bad ankles and a bad foot and it gets a little tougher. But I do have another summer coming up and a winter that is not completely anti-running. I can do this.

But, I need a goal - let's see, let's see - hey, look at that! The Melbourne Marathon is next week... umm, too soon - let's try Melbourne Marathon 2007. How'd that be? October something or other 2007 I will run the Melbourne Marathon.

That's some time away so we'll have to fill in the schedule a bit better, get some trails going, they have mountain running around here, running along the beach.. this should be fun.

And luck is with us again, usatf.org distance measuring works over here.. sure you have to scroll half-way around the world but it's not bad.

What we've got so far:
28/9 - 3.15 miles; to the beach and back
29/9 - 3.84 miles; around the botanical gardens, along the river
1/10 - 3.75 miles; around the lake in Albert Park
2/10 - 3.75 miles; around the lake in Albert Park; felt strong, good speed

If I start to slack- in running or writing, feel free to give me an electronic kick in behind.

Melbourne post to come...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?