Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Let's get dirty... and wet... and cold

Got through the week.. coming up on Friday it was going to be tough to tell the customer that I was going to be out of the office all week... "oh, you're on vaca? Sweet. I'll be in Mexico." Regardless, the work-week ends Friday at 5 (how about 4:30?).. let's go out. Oi, working out first, get that over with and then ruin the pain with Guinness at the bar.

Saturday. I really need to get outside and do something so all week I've been planning a long bike ride with trails included. They've been talking about snow but they're just kidding, right? No. 16 mile bike ride to the trail is cold, wet, snow in my face horrible. But that's what makes stories, right? And it'll be warmer in the trees. Thank god (or myself, I guess) that I brought my running gloves and an extra pair of socks. It was cold. Riding the trails, mud everywhere. Somehow, run into Porsche who is doing a hike through. She'll drive me home. Cool. Get to the parking lot... she doesn't have her bike rack on her car. She gets there.. put it in the car (Civic).. mmm sure. Thanks, Porsche, that bike-ride home would not have been fun but I'm sorry about the mud covered interior.

Sunday. Cruising around. Played some flag football for Jed's team. We had two girls that played for Detroit's team for the National Women's Football League and we still got smoked. The girls were good, the guys were not. I'll stick to soccer - which happens to start next week. And I have volleyball starting this Wednesday.

But I'll be in Mexico. I'll talk to everyone when I get back.

Sox start in a week. Where's Bronson? Not where he should be. I can't even imagine what the rotation will be. You better believe Beckett's at least 2 though. I want to see Wells in the 5 (actually I want to see Wake in the 5 because I'll be in Baltimore for game 5). It's going to be another one of those seasons. When are we going to win the division? Wily's on the juice (have you seen this guy? Just think about the guy from Major League), Youki's at 3, I can't name anyone else in the infield.. Where's the team? At least we'll have DO and Manny, the best batters in baseball, crushing the snot out of these things. Think about it. We have the two of them hitting over 40 home runs and over 130 RBIs. No one has done that since Ruth and Gehrig and these two have done it the past two years (the Yanks did it about 5 times). How does Manny hit 130 RBIs when DO hits 40 HRs in front of him? So he hit .280.. he's responsible for 130 runs.. suck it up. Management made a lot of bad calls this off-season but at least we still have these two. It's going to be tough to be rooting for a team that has a GM that thinks he's playing fantasy baseball (only the numbers matter, I swear) but it's the Sox, I don't have a choice. I have people ask me, "does your family like the Sox?" I think you're confused.. we're from New England, we're obligated. Go Sox.

Comments:
so are you alive? i saw you blew up your plant before leaving the country.
 
I think it's time for a new blog....thoughts?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?